Re: What should I expect in the 1/4 mile?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 15:14:56 EDT

At 02:06 PM 10/4/99 EDT, you wrote:
>If that is the case... maybe I will put in some mid-grade 89 octane to try
>and eliminate any possible spark knock at those high rpm's that I rarely
ever
>see...I think I plan on going Saturday the 16th.

I would suggest you try to arrive at the track with as close to 1/4 tank full.
Any more would be just unnecessary weight. Also, if you may want to take
along
a can of octane boost ... just in case the truck pings with the 87-89 mix.
It'd be cheaper to buy the can somewhere else.

Since this is your first time and your goal is to baseline your truck, I'd
suggest that you don't even worry about RT times (not included in ET times)
until you run a few times as there will be enough going on for you to do prior
to and at the staging line. Also, ignore anyone in the other lane.
Good luck.

Bob, Burlington, Ontario
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto., 15.234 @ 87.26