Re: 180 Thermostat

From: Jack Hilton (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 15:51:19 EDT

The optimum operating temp for the Magnum engines is about 182 degrees .
Your truck has a 195 degree thermostat from the factory which doesn't even
open fully till 2-something . It is fairly easy to do , although it is
kinds buried and costs under $10 .

At 03:39 PM 10/4/1999 -0400, you wrote:
> What is a 180 degree thermostat and what are the advantages of putting
>on in? Are they expensive? Are they hard to install? I've installed
>thermostats on other vehicles and found it very easy.

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html