RE: Hi-Lift Questions

From: McKinney, John R. MHX (McKinJr@hpd.abbott.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 17:09:54 EDT

Kyle, I have had a cast 60in jack for many years with no probs whatsoever
(not a hi-lift brand though). I'd buy the longest one you can store on
your truck, 60inches should be no problem. I keep it mounted on my
Ramcharger's grill guard and transfer it to the Dakota when I take it
off-road. I personally won't go off-road without it or my 8,000lb
come-along, until I get a winch for it.

One thing though, make sure the mechanism is lubed at all times!! They
won't function properly if it's not. I had a friend who got stuck and broke
out his brand new hi-lift, still had the tag on it. It was behind his seat
for like two years and never lubed it. Needless to say, I had to get mine
out to jack his truck up.

John McKinney