Re: Poor Mopar Performance..

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 19:05:16 EDT

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Jarrod Robran wrote:

> Go away!! If you're out to say Mopar sucks then do it somewhere else. I
> don't want to hear it. Mopar leads the pack. All others follow (including
> Chevy and Ford).

  That's not what he was saying, and I agree with him 100%.

  Mopars are the best, but Mopar Performance sucks BIG TIME. I wish
it wasn't so, but facts is facts. I've had a Mopar Performance decal
on my Dak for about 3 years, but several months ago, I scraped off
the "Performance" part so it just says "Mopar" now. I don't know
if some sort of core philosohy at MP has changed recently, or if I'm
just now beginning to see the light, but its burning as bright as
the sun.

  Those of us who are into Mopars are a tiny segment of the population;
we're already spit on by the general trade press and non-Mopar
enthusiasts, and now we have to put up with it from "our own" parts
division? I don't think so. As for myself, I'll give my money to
the independent shops who still appreciate our business. Besides
myself, I'm starting to notice more and more people who are unhappy
with MP. Hopefully if enough people get fed up with the crap, it'll
get to the point where it will start to eat into MP's bottom line.
Maybe then they'll take notice, and (<gasp>, dare I say it?), actually
try to improve.

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |