air filters and nasty steering noise

From: Ryan Macartney (pilot877@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Oct 05 1999 - 19:20:28 EDT

Howdy everyone, Im new to the list and the Dakota. As far as aftermarket air
filters go, some recommend the cones and some say Edelbrock style, but WHY??
Does either one have an advantage over the other?

Also, I have this crappy "thump" noise coming from the front end when i pull
into a parking space, usually. From observing the list, It seems like the
ball-joints. Whats the matter with them, and will the dealers jerk me around
if I take it to them?

Thanks,
Ryan
pilot877@mindspring.com
98 3.9 sport, formerly 92 GMC Typhoon couldnt afford maintenance on the
thing anymore!! :)