RE: Re: RE: full case lockers was: gear change

From: McKinney, John R. MHX (McKinJr@hpd.abbott.com)
Date: Wed Oct 06 1999 - 13:46:27 EDT

If you have a 2WD 5spd and you're only looking for traction on the pavement,
I'd personally go with a LSD. I know there are some using a locker on the
street, but I personally think that a properly operating LSD works just as
good. Driving around town in my truck (5spd) with the Lock Right is
tolerable, but annoying. Especially when it starts clunking/jerking going
through slow turns like a parking lot (I take it out and put it back in when
I go 4 wheeling). Off-road, you can't beat a locker though.

If money is a concern, the Lock Right will be cheaper, since you won't have
to do any special set up work, where with the LSD you will have to replace
the entire case (just like the full case locker).

John McKinney