RE: Sport Truck article

From: Eng, Kenneth (Kenneth.Eng@dowjones.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 1999 - 17:34:30 EDT

Bob,

With regards to the oil filter, the article recommends that a full-quart oil
filter be installed for all '92-and-up engines. It mentions the Purolator
L30001 which will only fit the two-wheel-drive models. As for the 4x4
owners it suggest they look into using a remote filter setup.

With regards to the spark plug, it mentions that the Magnum engines contains
C-series Champion spark plugs which they say do not offer as wide a
heat-range selection as the popular N-series plugs. They recommend "simply
remove the plug shields and spin in some Ns". The article also states that
"a colder plug at the track would be a definite advantage". "A suggested
starting point would be to use N9YC's at the track and RN11YC's on the
street, with a stock or near-stock engine". The article also states "the
more performance mods your engine has, the colder the plugs should be"

Ken