Re: Rear end Gear Swap Question:Att SteveM

From: TEDSDAKOTA@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 09 1999 - 09:17:36 EDT

In a message dated 10/8/99 7:38:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Jetmugg@aol.com
writes:

> Not trying to offend, just trying to have a little fun.
>
> SteveM.

    No offense taken Stevie my son.. Let me try to explain it better to you
as you don't understand. On the carrier (where the ring gear mounts) is a
ring that turns at the same speed as the axles. Now think about that.. On the
diff housing is a sensor that monitors the speed of that ring. I've changed
to 3 different ratios and have not affected speedo accuracy..
            Ted O