Another Cap & Rotor Question......

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 09 1999 - 22:05:54 EDT

Just curious, but how often should a distributor cap and rotor be replaced.
I know they are rather inexpensive parts, as I paid $11 for the two last time
I replaced it, with a Borg Warner Select Brass Cap & BW Select Rotor. Very
easy replacement also, maybe 15 minutes max. I replaced the factory cap/rotor
at 70,000 miles, but since then I have added a MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD
8.5MM Super Conductor Wires, Accel Super Coil, and Champion Truck Plugs. Will
running this type of igntion eat up the caps and rotors faster?? My truck now
has 110,800 miles, so the BW Select cap/rotor has about 41,000 miles on them,
is it time for them to be replaced????
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6