Re: R/T in the 13's on the motor?

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sun Oct 10 1999 - 12:54:57 EDT

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 04:44:21 -0700
From: Eric Kurtz <Erics5.9@home.com>
Subject: Re: DML: magnum R/T specs

13's no juice on street tires in a new R/T. That has to be the fastest
Ive seen.
Eric
Id like to run him!

dakota_24 wrote:

> dont know if you all read ropar muscle regularly but found this on the web
> gives a good scenereo about the mopar magnum r/t package and perf.
> expectations
> http://www.d-p-g.com/moparmuscle/july96/et.htm
> and since Bill doesn't seem to be telling anyone went to the drags last wed.
> with him and he broke into the 13's NO JUICE STYLE and ON STREET TIRES NO
> LESS!!!! and since I didn't get a chance to say it down there congrats to
> him ! (grumble grumble)wish I could do it before the end of the season but
> doesnt look good.
> Chris
> 95' 318 5spd 3.9 14.2

I went 14.09 @ 94.62 last month in Houston, but I had drag radials and
stripped about 200 lbs. All motor though(bolt-ons), no internal mods.
I still have a few hp parts in the works, and I hope to break into the
high 13's by mid November. The 12th will be my last chance for the
season, the track is closing for the Winter.
                                 Alan S.