Installed new valve covers

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Sun Oct 10 1999 - 15:04:25 EDT

Desided to hang in with my RT, and see what
Truman gets out of the class action (could use
some $$$)... So I went ahead and installed
my new Mopar Performance Valve covers (still have
to wait for my Crower 1.7s) yesterday. I am not
too much of a mechanic, but was able to complete
the task in around 6 hours... 6 HOURS??!??!!

Well there's more. My RT has always had a coolant
leak around the T-stat... So, I installed a 180 degree
t-stat... Plus I got a Russels steel braded hose cover
kit, and spent most of the day getting the open radiator
hose covered. I also did as much of the vacuum and
radiator hoses that I could. I will post some pictures
this afternoon to the DML and DakotaRT vault. In
addition, I picked up some bright white bulbs...
$19.95 each... So far I have to say: Junk. Don't
bother. I've had 55-100 watt H4's, and these claim output
light equivalent to 90/100 watt bulbs. Not a chance, they
look the same as standard $7.95 bulbs, and probably won't
even last as long.

I should have the truck cleaned up enough for Firebird this
weekend. Too bad I have to drive through the bugs to get there!!

Sam '99 RT