Re: 4x2 front wheel bearings

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 10 1999 - 17:47:24 EDT

Hm. On a older dakota. We put it in the weird thing. Fill the bottom
canister with grease, then put the bearing on a plate above it, pull a handle
down and the new grease pushes the old grease out. VERY dirty... Why do you
need to repack it?
-Dester

<< Well, the tire shop wants to re-pack my front bearings,
 and I thought heck, I'll do it myself, but looking through
 my 98 FSM, there is no mention of how to do it. All the index
 has is how to take apart the 4x4 fronts. The Suspension section says
 see the Brakes, and that doesn't help much either. Anyone have
 suggestions? There is some play in the wheels, so I think at
 the least, I need to tighten the nut, but I don't know how far I
 have to tear brakes off to get to the bearing adjustment. >>