Chrysler Museum, Attn: Jon, Jason,Nora,Mark, Steve, Etc.

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 15:49:24 EDT

This message is for anyone who is considering making the trip to the new
Chrysler Museum.

My wife and I took a trip to the Museum Sunday afternoon for a quick look.
Turned out to be a long look. They are open on Sundays noon to 6PM.
DC employees show their badge and entry is free. All others (I think) is $6.

It would be $6 well spent. A terrific place.

First and second floors have lots of interesting displays, many of them
interactive with the visitor. My wife fell in love with a '32 Desoto Coupe.
(I can't afford it.) The have the original Viper Concept, the Atlantic Coupe,
the Turbine car, a nice black original 1955 Chrysler 300 and many many more.
Got a Flame Red Dodge PowerWagon (original from way back).

Then....we got to the basement. Thought I had died and gone to heaven.
This is were the goodies are. Just to name a few......
An original 1957 Chrysler 300C (White) 392 Hemi, a 1961 Chrysler 300G (Red)
with the long Cross-Ram Induction, a 1957 Plymouth Fury, Roger Lindamoods
"Color Me Gone" Dodge NHRA race car, (Gee, I remember when this car was
on the track), an altered wheelbase '64 Coronet with Hilborne Injection,
Hemi 'Cudas, 6-Pack Road Runner, TransAms, etc. etc. Very impressive.
Somebody spent a whole lot of money. I think I drooled all over the floor.

Had several Truck displays. One was an early '60's Dodge with fins and a
large
V8. No Dakota's though.

This place is definitely worth the visit. Has something for everybody with
very neat displays.

Had a real nice shop on the 1st floor with lots of stuff. Bring all your
money!
They have many different models, lots of clothes, hats, books, etc.
I got a Dodge MotorSports Hat for $18. They had a nice sweater for $40 and
some nice shirts for $50. Models ran from $25 to near $100.

The museum is located on the corner of FeatherStone Drive and Squirrel Road
on the Southeast side of the CTC complex.

DC is offering a membership in the "Friends of Chrysler Heritage" for the
Museum.
It offers free admission for the family, special club events, quarterly
magazine
and discounts at the gift shop. It costs $45 per family (or $30 per family
for DC employees). I will probably do this.

This will be a great place for members of the DML to meet.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan
DC Detroit Axle Plant