Re: Brake lights and boat towing

From: Jack Hilton (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 15:56:47 EDT

At 03:37 PM 10/11/1999 -0400, you wrote:

> My father uses his 89 Dakota to tow his boat. Every time he lowers the
>trailer in the water the 2 brake lights on the dash come on (anti-lock and
>parking brake). This can be remedied by pulling the fuse for a couple of
>seconds. Anyone know of a more permanent fix?
>
>Thanks,
>Keith

Sounds like the sensors and/or wires to them are getting submerged and
getting screwed up . Maybe some electrical sealer ? I know telephone
companies use some hella-fied stuff to seal out wires against moisture !

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html