Re: Fw: magnum R/T specs

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 22:30:10 EDT

In a message dated 10/11/99 7:49:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Erics5.9@home.com writes:

<< Bill has quite a few bucks into that 318. When I say into it, I
 literally mean INTO it. My 360 is MILDLY modified with nothing INTO
 it. I have bolt ons with no juice and Im runnin 13.79. I say go with a
 360. If I modified a 360 like Bill has a 318! No contest in my
 opinion. 360's react much better to mods than a 318, it has a longer
 stroke which means gobs and gobs of torque! Ask Mark!
 Eric >>

Not relly that much... Comp Cam (which required MP springs and retainers and
Home head porting using MP porting template set, that is all that is changed
inside the motor. Outside there's the MPI, F&B stage 1 TBI, JBA's if ya only
wants to run on the motor then the NOS with several accessory items to
optimize it but none of which would be necessary for on the motor. What was
it you considered "INTO" it ? Also there are 2 known 318 Daks running 11's,
Tom Moffat's and Terry DeLongs buddy and without extensive mods . I have
nothing against the 360's or swapping out a 318 but depending on how fast you
want to go and how much you want to spend you could probably reach your goals
either route for comparable sums of money.

Bill (13.9 on the motor and street tires and gaining)