Hurst Stick FYI

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 16:10:11 EDT

Well DML'ers the Hurst stick is in and I'm happy. The modifications
to adapt it to the tranny worked out real well. I found out that the
stock stick was hollow with a 19mm nut encased in rubber and mounted
(actually pressed) inside the stock stick. Of course this is for
Isolating tranny noise and vibration.

I had to take a dremel and cut out the 19mm nut which turned out to
be 4 inches long. Half of the nut had threads and the other half was
solid steel. This was a stroke of luck because I was able to cut the
Hurst stick to the length I wanted and weld the other chrome/steel end
with the 2 holes to the 19mm nut that threaded to the tranny. After
drilling 2 matching holes in the Hurst stick it bolted right up and the
nut threaded on making the setup complete.

Now the stick is tailor made to my arm length and I have the option of
adding other Hurst sticks or shortening the same stick in the future, if
I so choose. The looks and feel alone was worth the wait and the
install. =)

GS -

98 5.2L 5spd