RE: Re: DML Synthetic oil changeover

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 17:07:08 EDT

I'll see if he still has his test/data sheets from back then. I do have the
log book and will scan some pages and post them.

Don't get me wrong, Synthetic Oil is a great product for the average person
who either doesn't know how to change their oil, or just doesn't care to.
However, for the person who is a "Auto Enthusiast", changing one's oil is a
religious thing. Most of the "Classics" and "Hot Rods" you see have a
regular oil change schedule...most of which are around 3500 - 5000 miles
(for a reason).

The shop who had rebuilt the Javelin's engine was also very curious to what
oil was being used due to the very minimal wear at 185K miles. They were
very impressed/surprised when we explained to them that it was mainly
Castrol and a regular oil change interval. The shop owner agreed that the
regular oil change interval was the key.

- Bernd