'98 Cobra spank!

From: SuperNagz@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 17:40:09 EDT

So I'm coming home from school today, on Michigan Ave. (4 lanes)... light
turns red... I'm first at the light.. guess who pulls next to me?
A black '98 Mustang Cobra Covertable... lowered a couple inches... side skirt
exhaust, and a padded roll bar. Well.. I hear some crackling out of his
buzzing exhaust (we all know I hate overhead cammers), so I decided he wanted
a piece of the "BEEst"
Light turns green...
For my first time, I actualy had a perfect launch (I didn't floor it until
about 60').
Anyways.. I heard him making all kinds of noise (from both exhaust, and
squacking the tires between shifts)
I let off at about 60... at which time I had him by at last two car lengths.
For the rest of my trip home (about 6 miles down Michigan), he kept trying to
blow by me and get ahead of me.. but he couldn't do it. Unfortunately, we
never got stuck at a light again..

My question is.. should I be beating him by this much?
To be honest... that has to be about as slow as a Cobra can come.. with the
heavy convertable.. his roll bar..

On the flip side.. a '99 GT 5 speed beat me a couple weeks ago by about 1 car
length at 60 mph.

I can't wait until this weekend to see what I'm running!