Re: Saleen , Schmaleen

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@vitelcom.net)
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 14:21:22 EDT

The newer ones(ohc) use an Eaton M90 roots type blower with the
intercooler built into the intake plenum. With a Saleen, you pay about
6 grand just for the fluff(stripes,spoilers,wheels,tires etc.). They
do good engineering and make good stuff but they market it for rich
guys who just want to "profile", not us racer types.
BTW, the 99 GT's (stock) are running low 14's w/ 5-speeds and high
14's w/ slushers. Bolting on a blower takes off another 1-1.5 sec.

Dr. Pat