Re: I know its not a V-4

From: W. Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 20:18:34 EDT

 Now that this is all cleared up does
>anyone have any suggestions about increasing my horsepower?
>
>Travis

Travis ,I gave you some suggestions in my original reply .

I found the page I was talking about with a SC for the 2.5 in the Jeep
Wrangler , I bet it would not be too hard to get it into the 2.5 Dakota .

http://www.rimmerenginc.com/jeep.html

It says that it reduces 0-60MPH times on 4-cylinder vehicles by 3 seconds ,
which is good , but they are talking about a lighter Jeep TJ . They claim
up to 30% increase in torque .

I would say this would be a *very* neat mod to do on a 4-cylinder , mainly
because very few people will do it and you will surprise some people .

Also , the SC they use is an Eaton unit which has proven itself on many
factory vehicles .

Drawbacks are the $3225 price tag .

If you had the money ,and you didn't wanna get another truck with a V8 , I
would try this !

W. Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html