Re: Re: DML Synthetic oil changeover

From: Dale Blanchard (bolero@accessnv.com)
Date: Wed Oct 13 1999 - 00:19:06 EDT

> > I would like to see those tests that your father had done. There is no way

I have never worn out any car or motorcycle using Castrol oil, so how
can I prove they would have lasted longer with Amsoil. But most of my
cars and trucks were sold at about 200K.
I am using Castrol Synthetic in my 97 Dakota mostly for cold starts,even
tho it has been over 110 almost all summer it is not a problem.
I have seen BMW motorcycle go over 300k with dino oil.
My ford F-250 has 197000 with castrol GTX. Hope to get it over 200k this
year.
I had two cars that I switched to Synthetic and within 6 months they
were a pile of junk. Both got broadsided. Could be that Syn oil is
jinxed for me.
Even though I use it now in 1/2 of my vehicles ,it has not done any
good.