Re: Dodge Magazine

From: sasha (sasha@one.net)
Date: Wed Oct 13 1999 - 17:53:33 EDT

This is the only paragraph I could find in reference to a CA exclusion:

(quad cab dakota article)
"The standard engine is a 3.9-liter Magnum V6 that produces 175 horsepower.
Dakota Quad Cab also offers the only available V8 engine in its class: a
235-horsepower*, Next Generation 4.7-liter Magnum V8 and a 5.9-liter Magnum
V8 (available with automatic transmission only) that cranks out 245
horsepower."

*Not available in CA, MA, NY, or VT

That is verbatim - looks like they need a copy editor. The way it reads to
me is that the 4.7L V8 is what will not be available in CA.

Interesting, in the R/T article, it refers to the R/T Durango as having a
"5.9-liter 250-horsepower Magnum V8 engine..."

Same 5.2L engine as the Dakota, right? How come the discrepancy in the HP
ratings?

Anyway, is this exclusion what you were referring to Bernd?

Tamer.

=====