Dec.'99 Truckin'....good and bad...and a good article on Torque Convertors

From: W. Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Thu Oct 14 1999 - 13:26:27 EDT

Just got my new issue of Turckin' .

I see a couple of good things , as well as a couple of bad :

Bad:

1) Whatever dumbass does the Table of Contents screwed up on the
description of the Quad Cab Dakota . It figures since they hate Mopars .
The caption reads " 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab.....With a 4.5L V8, this
roomy truck really hauls!"

I guess they made a special engine just for Truckin' cuz we all know it is
a 4.7L which is also stated in the actual write-up .

2) Page 82 , Truckin' Magazine's Top 10 Editors Picks.....Gee , what do ya
know , not one Mopar....4 Chevys , 5 Fords , and a freakin' Toyota ?! Give
me a freaking break !

3) Page 18 , 2002 Chrysler Town & Country V8.......I have heard before that
they have ben testing a V8 minivan , but the 5.9L ? Yeah , the spy pic
shows "5.9L" written on the front fascia in magic marker , but I would
guess that this is just to use for the test mule . Truckin' seems to think
that the 5.9L will be the actual V8 they use when and if they bring it to
production in 2002 . Here are the problems with that: A)the 5.9L should be
history by then. B) Why such a big engine ? the 4.7 would be sufficient .
As always , I think Truckin' needs to research there info a LOT more . They
have also said in past Reader's Rides listings that 99 was the last year
for the Dakota R/T .

4) Page 122 , "Won Lap"......HOLY CRAP THIS IS A BAD MOFO !!
This is a 94 Ram that has been chopped a couple of inches and fully race
prepared for the One Lap of America race ! The truck has a 440 built up to
498 Cubic Inches , putting out over 600HP and 625 lb-ft of torque !!
has a totally hand built tube chassis , and has already attained a
*SUSTAINED* top speed of 165 MPH !!! The guy that built and will race it
says by race time it will be easily able to sustain 170+ !! AND THIS IS A
4286 POUND TRUCK !!
I swear I had an orgasm when I saw it !
The paint is awesome too! it is painted like an American Flag is draped
across the grille and flows back to the solid white tailgate . The stars
cover the grille and part of the hood , with the red and white stripes
going down the sides , and an Eagle on the hood as well .
Anyone know how much it runs start to finish to chop one cuz that looks
sweet as hell on the Ram !! (and no , I wouldn't do it to my R/T)
Of course , Truckin' shoves this truck towards the back of the issue . I
mean look at the trucks on the cover and then look at this truck and tell
me which one should be there ! You know why this one isn't on the cover ?
Cuz it's not a chevy and the other two are ( and they match , how cute!)

5) Page 136 , "Chrysler Connection"..........This is a very very good bit
to read for all you guys that have been talking about high-stall
speedTorque Convertors .

W. Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html