Subject: Re: RE: Re: DML Synthetic oil changeover

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Thu Oct 14 1999 - 14:23:38 EDT

I use AMSOIL. The only problem with it is that their sales scheme is a real
PITA. They must train their dealers to really hype the stuff. My brother
sells it and he even hypes the stuff to me.

If you can get past all the dealer hype and propaganda, it really is good
stuff. They told me the engine oil would reduce my oil usage, and it did.
I used to go 1500 miles before losing a quart, now I go about 6000 miles
before losing a quart.

I used to change oil every 3000 miles, which was about every 6 weeks. Now I
change it once a year (change the filter 2x/year). Much less hassle and my
engine is using less oil. Still gets awesome mileage and runs like new.
Truck has 143k on it, been using AMSOIL since 70k.

I'm not saying AMSOIL is a miracle oil, just that it's saved me lotsa hassle
and isn't a bad oil for the money. I would put it ahead of Mobil 1. I
don't think AMSOIL improved my MPG any. I wouldn't use it if my truck
burned more than a quart every 1500 miles (that would get expensive after a
while - my oil consumption went down after 2 filter changes).
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate