Subject:RE: ATTN : Owners of Gibson single exhaust

From: Mike Gibbons (gibbons@fn.net)
Date: Thu Oct 14 1999 - 21:20:28 EDT

You should be safe as the single has you cut the exhaust 8" in front of the
muffler. I Cut mine at about 7" to give a little leadway but as long as you
have enough pipe after the bend to clamp the muffler to there shouldn't be
a problem. By the way, I have a '99 CC 318/auto and just installed the
system 1 1/2 weeks ago so it's still fresh in my mind. They say the single
3'' makes more power. Let us know if it's true.

Mike G.

>Subject: DML: ATTN : Owners of Gibson single exhaust
>Hey guys,

    I've got a '99 Dakota 318/5-speed RC/SB and installed a Gibson dual
catback while back. This system sounds great, and made a noticeable
difference, but I'm getting tired of having to constantly adjust the pipes
so they exit straight. I'm considering just replacing the system with a
Gibson single catback. My only concern is that I had to cut off my stock
exhaust about 8-1/2" from the weld on the cat. Do you have to do the same
thing for the single catback? I'd hate to order it and have it not fit
because of this.

Thanks,

Doug Myers