Cecil Results (kinda long)

From: Scott Miller (kmiller@cvn.net)
Date: Fri Jan 16 1998 - 20:36:03 EST

Well everyone, I just got back from Cecil county and needless to say I had a
hell of a good time. Shane Baker and I met up and made the travels. Too
bad no one else showed up.

1st run out I was just hoping to get into the low 15's and possibly set a
new personal record. Well I did. I went 15.114 @ 87.97mph and was tickled.
I thought the truck hooked good and pulled excellent. 2.050 60' time.

2nd run. Mainly looking for consistency now. I was hoping for a 15.10.
Truck comes off the line and it was a great ride. 2.025 60'. Best 60' this
truck ever seen. I get my slip *holy shi** 15.04 @ 88.31mph out of a
shelby??? Now I was in need of the awesome 14.

I went back to the pits, removed the filter, and the tailgate, but left the
tonneau cover on.

3rd run. It was perfect. She came out of the hole I was on a mission.

.532 reaction
1.999 60' holdin' on
6.026 330'
9.443 1/8 mi
71.56 1/8mi. mph
12.422 1000'
14.959 1/4mi.
88.60 mph. ****BEST RUN EVER****

I love it.

Going into first round weather started getting worse and the barometer was
falling. I made a run before 1st round and went 15.12.

1st round of brackets I had to race Shane. I knew it would be a good race,
but we were both determined not to go red, and are reactions showed Here's
the slip

Me: Shane:
dial: 15.12 14.29
reation: .897 .588
1/4: 15.16 14.38

Shane never caught me, and I got on the brakes. I think I would have went a
15.10

To shortin up my long story. The race went 5 rounds and I won. I raced
some pretty quick neons (one was dialed in @ 13.9) and a couple of quick
turbo cars, and a fast R/T. I made a $100 for my efforts and needless to
say I'll be going back down in a couple of weeks to try and work my way
lower into the 14's.

Run down of the truck

1989 Shelby Dakota #322
131,000 miles
Jet Stage II
Dual Flowmaster 3-chamber Exhaust
Ram air
M+H racemaster tires
904 trans (stock converter)

Some of you others out there need to come on out. We had a blast. Well I
guess I'll let shane tell his story now

Later

Scott Miller
Shelby Dakota #322