What's this for(Dist. Cap)?

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 10:44:25 EDT

Just curious(I guess I did not notice it last time I changed the cap), but on
a Borg Warner Select Brass Dist. Cap what is the rubber "plug" for ontop of
the cap? This plug sits ontop of a small ridge molded into the top of the cap
and has within itself(the rubber plug) a tiny hole. Should I leave it on? Is
this a vent of some type???
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 111,900 miles
MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD 8.5MM Super Conductors, Accel Super Coil,
Champion Truck Plugs, Borg Warner Select Brass Cap & Rotor