RE: DML:Trannies - Speakin' of

From: Kurt Swanson (kswanson@peerenvironmental.com)
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 15:43:32 EDT

I was previously running an MSD-6 Off Road (Died on me a month ago!)
Thought I'd try the Digital! Plugs still gapped at 0.050 and only using the
seat o the pants dynometer, I can tell a slight difference in off-idle
torque, and the engine seems to run just a hair bit smoother! The folks at
MSD indicated that the advantage to the digital is that it is some (300
times ?) quicker than the standard MSD - 6 at reading and adjusting the
spark. They said that I would notice approximately a 1-2 mpg gain but very
little in the seat of the pants! Anyway to make a long story short, I'm
very satisfied the Digital and would seriously recommend it to someone tha
isn't using any ignition upgrades, but if I were already running an MSD-6
unit, I think the upgrade $$$ could be better spent elsewhere!