Code reader

From: Mark Campbell (bah240sx@shelby.net)
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 17:49:05 EDT

Does anybody know of an inexpensive code reader I could get to find out why
I'm getting a check engine light on my 98 V6?
The light comes on when I slow down after a 30 minute trip at highway
speeds. I've disconnected my MSD ignition, changed plugs, and checked the
plug wires. The truck doesn't run any differently after the light comes on
and it only lights back up after I reset the computer and take the highway
trip again.
Any clues or hints would be greatly appreciated as I'm leary of taking the
truck to the dealership. I don't want to hear the "you modified it so it's
your problem" speech.

Mark Campbell
98 V6 auto