RE: Re: RE: OCTANE!!!!!!!!!(a little long)

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 20:04:21 EDT

You also need higher octane if you're running more advanced timing than
stock, NOS, or a blower with more than 4psi boost (to prevent
detonation...unless you retard the timing).

Remember the old trick for better TQ curves on the old Hot-Rods: Bump the
initla timing up a few degrees and run higher octane fuel.

- Bernd