Re: Ar-767's

From: Jetmugg@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 22:51:59 EDT

In a message dated 10/18/1999 10:43:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
shetland@erols.com writes:

<< I just got my AR-767's. (Black stock car wheels) They had an optional
 cap-Nascar Machined billet center cap with no logo. I got a set of
 these and also the standard chrome caps too. I think I'll get 4
 rams-head stickers made and put that on the centers of the billet caps.
   The tires are coming in tomorrow. Bridgestone Dueler H/L
 P235/70R15's. (Bill M. in Maryland, I got a set coming in for you
 too!!!)
   I have a '99 R/T that these wheels are going on. What??? am I
 crazy??? Actually, I wanted to accomplish 2 things, with this comment
 as a footnote: I do not intend to REPLACE the stock 17" rims with
 these!!!
   2 issues I am trying to address:
 1) Want a tire that I can put on to take long road trips, so I dont
 rack up 1,000 miles on 17" Goodyears that cost $150 each and last 20,000
 miles. The Bridgestone is a 60,000 mile tire.
 2) Want a tire that I can put on for wet weather/snow/slush and winter
 driving, to get maximum traction. I feel the P255's would tend to
 "skate" a bit in inclement weather.
   Ok, now picture this: My truck is a regular cab, black, deep tint on
 side and rear windows, black fiberglass tonneau (still want to sell it)
 and will now have the black AR-767's. Total black-out treatment...
   Any comments?
 Patrick

Patrick:
    Sounds awesome - I love the blackout look. Now the question will be -
why put the R/T wheels back on, just get some bigger meats on the AR 767's,
then sell the R/T wheels, and get something with an aggressive tread for the
winter driving (maybe some Blizzaks?) on another set of the AR767's.