R/T lawsuit is over

From: Fulton Rivers (dakota_rt@army.net)
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 13:22:49 EDT

Please read the following if you are interested.

Gene & Renee Rivers
99 R/T, CC, DA
95 SLT, RC, CR
http://www.mopars.net

I must inform you that our legal firm has, after due consideration,
determined that the offer letter which DC sent out, dated September, 1999,
is in all probability, an offer R/T owners should accept. The legal firm is
going to revise the complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court and will
meet the attorneys for the defendant, Daimler-Chrysler in court on November
15, 1999. While I and the other plaintiffs felt we had sufficient grounds
to pursue additional compensation, our legal team has advised us that we
should re-consider this offer made by DC. I believe that it is to our mutual
advantage to take the advice of our advisors at this time. Please post this
brief introduction and the attached message from the legal firm on the
website as soon as it is possible for you to do so. We earnestly hope that
each member of the www.dakotart.com mailing list will feel that this effort
has been beneficial for them and we hope that no ill feelings due to any
perceived advice to avoid the offer will persist. We are as surprised at
this turn of events as anyone else will be. We wish each of you an
uneventful transition to whichever course of compensation you wish to
pursue.

Message from Kemnitzer, Anderson, Barron & Ogilvie

(attorneys who filed a class action against Daimler Chrysler)

Monday, October 18, 1999

In September 1999, about a month after we filed our class action,
DaimlerChrysler sent letters to Dakota R/T owners offering to repurchase
their R/Ts or, in the alternative, to provide owners with a 5/60 service
contract, $500 worth of MOPAR part division accessories, or assistance in
the replacement of the R/T with another Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge or Jeep
product. The deadline to respond is October 29, 1999.

DaimlerChrysler is contesting the scope of the class complaint arguing that
we cannot bring a nationwide class action. DaimlerChrysler is also attacking
the idea we can bring a class action at all. Currently, DaimlerChrysler's
motion to dismiss the case is to be argued in Los Angeles Superior Court on
November 15, 1999. Although we will oppose the motion, we cannot be sure of
the outcome.

After a review of the available information, we have concluded that the
DaimlerChrysler offer is a reasonable one. If you are interested in a
repurchase, replacement, or the other options, you should accept one of the
options DaimlerChrysler is offering you. We believe the lawsuit has now
accomplished its intended purpose: it has forced DaimlerChrysler to offer to
repurchase or replace your R/T or to give you other compensation.

We recommend that you complete the form that you were sent by
DaimlerChrysler and mail or fax it no later than October 29, 1999. Make a
copy of your form for your file. You may wish to get and keep a post office
receipt of the mailing of the form.

In case you did not receive the offer, a copy may be found here( page 1,
page 2, page 3 ), which you may copy, fill out, and send to the address
indicated.

           This determination was made solely by our firm and the
recommendation was made to the plaintiffs on this date. We wish to
acknowledge the effort expended in this matter by the named plaintiffs, Bob
Graham, Craig Hawkins, and Truman Trekell. Each has been of great
assistance in investigating this matter and attempting to obtain the very
best compensation possible.

                             Sincerely,

                             Kemnitzer, Anderson, Barron & Ogilvie LLP