Re: 2000 SLT Club Cab 4.7 V8 Speed Limit (fwd)

From: FloordYa2@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 23:02:12 EDT

I had the same problem today & it scared the sh** out of me, because my truck
only has 1536 miles on it. I couldn't wait any longer to open it up any
longer . My incident happend ( from the sound of it ) the same way. I was
cruising down 695 and got into to it a little bit and at just about 100 mph
it felt like the engine stalled for about 1.5 seconds. So i let off of it,
turned down the cd player, and listened for a few seconds (everything sounded
normal), then I slowly looked in the rearveiw (no big clouds of puffy smoke),
cruised at 55 for a minute or so then tromped on it again. Everything felt ok
but i didn't want to push my luck. It also made a weird sound when it did
this. The closest sound i can compare it to is it sounded like when i sucked
a squirrel into the opening of my Escort's airbox. IS THIS GOING TO HAPPEN
ALL THE TIME!!!! If so MAN THAT SUCKS !!! Have any of you tech guys heard any
thing about this..