RE: bad set of Bridgestones?

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 07:50:53 EDT

Patrick,

Thanks for the info. on the Bridgestones.

" 2) The Dueler APT is a tire manufactured by Bridgestone for the
Sears automotive group (which
includes NTB) and they were manufactured to Sear's specs to reach a
certain price point also. "

So Sears owns NTB?? Man, I never knew that! Its pretty eye-opening when you
start looking around at the 'parent' companies and all their subsidiaries
(ie: Philip-Morris owns Kraft... hmmm, "hey Kid, how 'bout a cigarette with
that dinosaur Mac-N-Cheese?")

Anyway... Like I said, I was pretty surprised with the Bridgestones lack of
performance as well. I'd never heard a bad thing about their tires from
anyone. Like you said, maybe it has to do with the Sears specs. (not as good
a compound? -- they seem to be wearing pretty fast). Guess I'll give NTB a
chance to see what they can do for a deal. With hunting/snow season
approaching I need to know i can get out of whatever I get myself into!

Thanks again...

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI