RE: new dakota

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@EARTHTECH.COM)
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 09:49:44 EDT

Hey Michael, I took delivery on my special order '00 4.7L Sport 5Spd. 3.92
posi, a week ago, I LOVE it!! I would highly recommend the 4.7L it gets
better gas mileage than the 5.2L plus more power! Also, if you go with Auto
Trans. than I would get the 3.92 posi rear or atleast the 3.55, if you go
with the manual 5 spd like me, I would go with 3.92 gear if you do a fair
amount of city driving or if you want to drag race it. Believe me when I say
that 5spd and 3.92 posi moves like a scalded dog. If you do allot of
interstate driving say above 60mph than I would consider the 3.55 posi. Let
me just say there ain't no comparison of a V-8 and a 3.9L, like comparing
apples to oranges! The 4.7L is a real screamer through all RPMS, especially
if you have the 5spd!
Good luck, Matt