2000 SLT Club Cab 4.7 V8 Speed Limit

From: Jason Morris (jmorris@HiWAAY.net)
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 12:09:54 EDT

Hey guys,
My y2k dak is waiting for a rail in Mich. Hopefully I'll have it next
week!! But in reply to the speed limiter, many cars/trucks have limiters
because they're based on the speed rating of the tires. My previous car,
'94 TA didn't have a limiter because it came with Z-rated tires, rated
around 155mph, which was the top speed of the car (speaking from
experience:). The same car with H? rated tires would have had the limiter
around 110mph. It's been the same in a Z24, S10, Thunderbird that I've
riden. An aftermarket programmer or chip will remove the limiter. The
hypertech has this option. I don't know what chips are available for the
4.7s yet, but they should take care of it.
Jason Morris
soon to be y2k 4x4 cc dak!