RE Y pipe

From: Mtbfed@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 18:19:15 EDT

-
-Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 00:30:52 -0400
-From: "Jon Smith" <fast4x4@bellsouth.net>
-Subject: DML: Y pipe
-
-aight, enough playin around, the stock Y pipe is gone next week. Just gotta
-find the cash and somewhere that will make one.. What diam should I shoot
-for??
-
Jon, doesn't JBA make one for your application? If not you can get a Y-
collector from Flowmaster (Y214300A) 2 1/4's into 3". Then you can go to any
muffler shop and have some 2 1/4" pipes bent up, even if they're not mandrel
bent they will flow much better than stock. Then you don't have to worry about
some guy trying to make a Y and screwing it up...you just have to worry about
when that guy blows holes in your pipes trying to weld it all up ;-)
By the way what size are the outlets of your headers?

Marc Federici (I want to throw up when I look at my stock Y pipe)
99 SLT+ CC 5.2 5sp 4x2 3.55sg