Re: dakota body lift with suspension lift

From: Dave Scelfo (macncheesemonster@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 19:39:46 EDT

>I have the 3" body lift with 31x10.50s on my Dakota. To date, I've never
>been able to find a suspension kit for a pre-91 Dakota which in the end
>will cause me to take other more extreme measures to lift the truck. I
>would do the body lift if I were him.
>I even have some shots of one with 35"s.

     The truck with 35s looks sweet... but I wouldn't dare take that show
truck offroad. If you or anyone else is interested in having an offroad
truck, don't waste your money on a chrome diff cover, spend it on a pumpkin
cap.
     Don't buy lift blocks either. Thats not a suspension lift.... it's
just plain silly. From an engineering standpoint, thats a crime. The
additional forces that it creates is enough to make it illegal to do on the
front of your rig, why do it on the back? Use a lifted spring and a longer
shackle. Sure it costs more but it performs so much nicer and looks so much
nicer and not too mention, so much safer.
     I could go on for hours so I'll stop my ramblings here and sum it up.
There is a big difference between "making enough room to stuff the tires in
there" and "re-engineering the truck to fit the tires."

I hope Im not getting the reputation of the loud mouth on the list.

--
Dave