Re: Throttle Bodies :) read ... !

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 22:36:35 EDT

Kabuki2@aol.com wrote:
>fwiw - anything larger than 50mm hurts low end too much from my experiences.
>
>ttyl
>Patrick

You know, I've been reading this a lot, but I just don't buy it.
Maybe with headers that's true, but I'm not running headers and
neither are a lot of other people. I *am* running a 51.75mm Fastman
TB, and the tires spin like crazy if I'm not gentle on the pedal.
That's why I have a set of Caltracs traction bars on order, maybe they
will help. Then of course there's that cool neck snap when they do
hook up. I'm just not seeing this "loss of low end" that people keep
talking about.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
Wilmington, NC