trans/Atco

From: nosdakota (nosdakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 22:45:24 EDT

Well I spoke to my trans guy today, By me towing my truck it wiped out the
planetary gears, output shaft, all the clutches, and all the associated
bearings. I'm sure I left some stuff out. while he had the converter out he
had the fins welded, the thrust washers replaced with better bearings and
the stall was set up to 2400 rpm. He also set the shifts VERY firm. I have a
work truck I druve most of the time anymore so I'm getting less concerned
with drivability as time goes by and the Dak isn't as new.
My stupidity cost me close to $1700
I should get the truck back late thursday early friday which means I get to
go to Atco for Fri night street racing to tear it up again. I'll finally get
a chance to shoot for 12's. Anyone else want to go?
Joe W.
87 Shelby Charger 13.9
98 Dakota 13.1