Re: airbags

From: Jetmugg@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 23 1999 - 11:45:32 EDT

The air bags work in conjunction with the leaf springs. There is a bracket
which installs on the spring, and then a second mount which attaches to the
spring right next to the axle housing. The bag then sits between these two
brackets. I did not purchase the optional air compressor kit, as I didn't
really see the need to change the bags while I'm going down the road. I
simply ran the air lines to the back of the truck, and used the shraeder
fittings as my rear license plate bolts. This provides a handy place to air
up and check the pressure in the bags.

SteveM.