Re: 1 more time at the track... SO CLOSE!!

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 24 1999 - 22:06:58 EDT

In a message dated 10/24/99 11:57:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bad318@yahoo.com writes:

<< This was it..
 .. I was hoping to get the D in the 13's w/o headers..
 but to no avail. Dailed a 14.1 and then..I make my
 record run of..
 14.0 at 95mph.. ( 1.93 60 ft ) Friday.. I was happy to
 say the least.
 (Don't have a scanner or would show yall!)

 Headers go on Monday.. and my but to the track Friday.
 hoping to pick a .2 or .3..

Hey Eric

Good run and oh so close. Chris with the Viper Dak and I went to NYIRP today
for the next to last T&T. His is a 95 318 5 spd running 275-50 BFG DR's. It
is pretty stock but he had a home brew ram air where he added a extra snorkle
to a V6 Can he got at a salvage yard and ran 2 stock type inlet tubes. He did
a nice job, it actually looked like it cam that way. He also reworked his TB
a little. This truck is a SB with no AC or add ons and the darn thing runs
real well considering how little he has done to it. He broke into the 13's
today with a 13.96 @ 95.54. He was pretty excited fer shurrr. So far as your
headers helping, I really didn't see any big improvements when I installed
mine but I think they do compliment things the more you modify.

Sooo keep up the good job and it shurr hain't going to take much to dip into
that magic number area.

Bill