RE: Suggestions, please (bed cover)

From: SandMan (sandman@linkup.net)
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 05:19:59 EDT

Ed (& the rest of the DML). I'm not sure if the rest of the country has
ever heard of the "Access Cover" soft tonnue cover, so here is the link to
it:

http://infoseek.go.com/?win=_search&sv=M6&lk=noframes&nh=10&ud9=IE5&qt=%22Ag
ri+Cover%22&oq=&url=http%3A//www.accesscover.com/&ti=Welcome+To+The+Agri-Cov
er/Access+Home+Page&top=

Here in North Dakota this is by far the most popular cover around, seems
like 90% of the trucks I see that have a cover, are all the "Access Cover"
(mine included) or have no cover at all. The main advantage of them is how
simple you roll them back, no messing with un-bolting frames to access your
bed, no snaps or Velcro on the outside of your truck. The cover is attached
to 2 rails that clamp to the inside lip of your bed. Installation takes
only a 9/16" wrench & 20 minutes. Don't worry if you don't see listings for
the 98-2000 model years, Dodge never changed the bed dimensions on the
Dakotas, so the same cover that fit my old 92' extended cab also fit on my
99'. I've had the cover for 2 years, still looks new. Agri-Cover also
backs up their cover with a 5 year guarantee.

The only bad point is the same as all soft covers, not very secure. But if
you ever put anything in the bed of your truck taller than 17", the hard
covers become a hassle.

Sorry for the sales pitch, but I have been very happy with mine.

SandMan

proud owner of:
 Flame Red 99' Sport CC, 318, FT-4x4, trailer tow package, Tire & Handling
package, & all the other bells & whistles I could get.