GA Street Legals (Attn: Aaron)

From: FlashBang Fish (swatfish@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 13:22:48 EDT

>Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 02:27:20 -0400
>
>Ok here is what I am curious on, and also just curiousity for my compadres:
>*1- What is the window tint (I think its 20% on sides) limit?
>*2- Clear corner headlights and taillights?
>*3- Blacked out headlights and taillights?
>*4- How low and high is the bumper (height alteration, I know they
>use the bumper as a measuring guide) allowed?
>*5- Anything on under carriage lighting?
>*6- And any other general mods/things that may have relevance to any
>future sport truck?

    Alrighty here we go.......Oh, by the way, I had a brain fart too. The
traffic code is in 40 not 16. Oops!

    #1- No more than 32% is the legal limit in Ga, 20% deals with light
reflectance. O.C.G.A. 40-8-73.1 Subsection (b)(2)
    #3- The headlights cannot be covered, period. Now you would probably be
fine during the day, but take them off at dusk and at night. It doesn't say
anything about the taillights. Just make sure someone can see you braking.
If it causes an accident, it may not swing in criminal court, but watch out
for civil court. O.C.G.A. 40-8-22 and 40-8-23
    #5- Nothing in there about under carriage lights as long as they do not
flash or rotate and are not directly visible to oncoming motorist (then it
falls under auxlirary lighting which is regulated. Plus they just look
tacky and juvenile as hell! Swatfish rule #769
    #6- Add anything you want as long as it doesn't violate Ga law.