Re: Oxygen sensor

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 16:11:00 EDT

In a message dated 10/25/99 2:29:13 PM Central Daylight Time,
clscott@cse.Buffalo.EDU writes:

<<
 Quick, somebody tell me how hard it is to replace the oxygen sensor on a
 94 3.9 and is there any tricks I should know. I got the code on my check
 engine light a today, and I am going to replace it today, cause I'm
 driving to Philadelphia on Wednesday. Thanks! >>

I just replaced mine this summer. Fairly easy to do also. Just find where the
sensor is threaded into the pipe before the cat. Mine was right behind the
wheel well(passenger's side of course). Use a wrench, I forget what size and
unthread the sensor from the threads in the pipe. Follow the wires towards
the center of the truck and unplug the sensor/wires from a connector. My
sensor connected to a harness right ontop of the transmission. It helped that
I had access to seom nice tall truck ramps(20 inches tall). Plug the new
sensor in and thread it back into the exhaust pipe. Make sure there is
anti-seize on the sensors threads, mine came this was already from the
dealer. Do not touch or get anything on the sensor tip also.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6