RE: First Drag strip test for the 4.7L!!!!!!!

From: Gordon Adams (rtgordon@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 09:47:48 EDT

Many R/T owners are going this route with the buyback option. Now that you
have posted your times, I don't know if it is such a bad idea for me as
well, and I am not limited in my color choice.

My first time at the track I ran consistent 15.9's all night. It has taken
about $700.00 and many trips to the track and alot of help from regular drag
racers to get my truck in the range that you said you ran. I am a little bit
confused to say the least, now. To top it off, people who are getting Y2K
R/T's are saying that the '00 R/T is a little slower than their previous
R/T's. (new computer/tighter emissions??) Oh well, I have a few weeks to
decide. I will be waiting for more time slips fromt the new models... So
keep 'em coming!!

later
gordon