Re: New Hemi engine

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 14:30:05 EDT

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Richard A Pyburn wrote:

> Here's a link to an article about a possible new Hemi engine
> http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b102599.htm
>
> If any of you get Mopar Performance News, there was an announcement in
> there this month about a Crate Viper engine now being available. DIdn't
> list a price.

   I don't know if its a different engine or not, but the Viper crate
motor has been around for a little while now (or at least, its been
printed in the catalog for a while now, we all know that doesn't
amount to a hill of beans when you're talking about MP...) If its
the same engine, expect to plunk down 16 big ones. (Just about the
same price as the 528 HEMI crate.)

> They also had a picture of six Drag Racing Dakotas, including the Hemi
> Dak. Actually, one of them is a Ram. Great. The factory publication
> doesn't know how to tell the difference between a Dakota and a Ram.

  BWWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! You noticed that too? I was going to
post something about that but I forgot. The truck even has foot
high letters on the side that say "RAM". Geez!! Yeah, that sure
didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. :-P

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |