Re:VIN # Registry!!!!!! PLEASE READ

From: stevie.o@excite.com
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 08:29:36 EDT

Jon......
> please lets try and get this going???
> please respond to the List, lets hear some noise out there!!!!

     Ok, lets see if we can nail this down once and for all. It
  sounds like something that could be a good resource (if enough
  people add their info).

     Tremain mentioned that the VINs could be used for illicit
  purposes, so maybe it isn't a good idea to have the VINs
  available to everyone.
Anyne can walk up to your car/truck and get the VIN# from the windshield
??????? We don't need the whole # just the last 8(?) didgits,
bodystyle, motor type....etc!
Country of orgin?? WHO CARES.. and yes they could still
guess at the rest and put together a VIN#
WHAT is keeping someone from walking around a movie theater
parking lot and just writting down those numbers???????
I don't see how this is a secuity problem???? WE don't need the whole
number.... Besideds, if someone really wanted some good info
they could just look at the Member profiles, peoples basic address
along with all their mods listed, so I got shopping one late night
for NOS kit in Texas. Who's got theirs listed on their Profile??
the DML is talking about mailing around a G-Tech, now I've got
everyones mailing address....
Please People We Need THIS!!! We can force a recall if we can
prove sequential defects!!!!!!!!!!
Wouldn't you love a new, computer, BJ's, batteries, Manifold gasket???
stop the madness~~~~~!!!!~~

stevie.o@excite.com ( my e-mail )
99 SLT+ CC 4x4 318 (my truck), my address is in the profile
search the archives, I've posted my home&work phone # along with
my work Company name.
Of course I didn't list 2K worth of mods, haven't done yet?