RE: GTech Donation...Attn: Sam

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Thu Oct 28 1999 - 01:04:21 EDT

No problem Jon, I thought about it after I bought the darn thing, and
thought it would be a good 'gift' for the DML (as I have loaned it already
to about 5 people).

Steve T. (SmokinDakota) has it right now, so I spoke with him about it and
he thought it was a great idea too. I DON'T have the manual though, so we
will have to get someone on the list that has the manual, and can type it in
for a FAQ on the DML list. The unit is actually real easy to use, but some
of the features are a little weird to get working correctly.

What would be good to get (Steve-- hint hint) is a good plastic tupperware
type container, and line it with foam that just fits the GTECH and cord.
That way for people to ship it would only require a standard USPS box with
no packing.

People should also include a business card with the unit when they ship it
place to place (name, address, phone #, etc.) and keep all the cards with
the unit, so that it has a little history with it. Not to mention, if you
ever travel through Bum F..sorry, Toledo Ohio, or Scotsdale, AZ. that you
have a fellow DML person that you can contact locally. So far I've got
people as 'friends' in Los Angeles, CA. , Las Vegas, NV., Oxnard, CA.,
Phoenix, AZ, etc. that I would never have met if it weren't for the DML.
And too this day, if I see another D(Dakota or Durango) broken down on the
road I make a U-turn and offer assistance.

Hmm... how about a DML roadside assistance program... Call the 'Good Old
boy' in Mississippi if yawl ever break down! (HE HE).

Anyway, hope this works out.

Sam '99 RT for now, '00 to me ordered
*I won't have a D to drive for 6-8 weeks after my RT goes back :( and my
wife won't let me drive her's

Guess I'll be driving my '72 D