RE: Re: Ping and Rattle problems

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Oct 27 1999 - 23:45:38 EDT

That's not bad...but if that's what they WERE...what are they at now?

What I was looking for is someone with a Dak that pings like crazy and have
them take a compression check. Also, see if the dealer will plot/print out
a timing curve (YES, their Snap-On boxes CAN do that) and see what it's
doing.

This is obviously a problem and there has to be some sort of data to
substantiate a fix. Agreed...92+ octane fuel isn't the answer (only a temp
fix) and the wires and computer flash only seem to work on a few trucks.
There has to be something else causing this.

- Bernd

Mine were all 180-185

note... were :-(

this was after 40,000 Supercharged miles .... and I drove it briskly to say
the least. I don't think I had that much wear, if I did, everything was
wearing evenly. That's always a good sign.

ttyl
Patrick
http://surf.to/rdperformance